Sunday, January 7, 2007

(more comments on) New York Times article

MORE: perhaps he is not strange at all...

Hi sf!

he may not be strange at all... (when the dust is all settled, the only strange thing may be that so many people, that otherwise appear to have decent analytical skills, bought the pitch without a question...)

Delia

P.S. as in science, *usually* the simplest explanation ends-up being the truth -- perhaps he is not strange at all...

Sorry, Val, I don't believe that to be the truth :)...

re: "The truth is what you believe the truth is… "

just how "decent" a living Craig& Jim have been making off of craigslist for years can only be know if and when they disclose their profits... and as I already said, I believe that (from the ethical stand point) they should have voluntarily done that all along

you told me (on my craigslist criticism blog) that you agree there are some moral issues, so let's set those aside then... BTW, (if you haven't noticed) I posted an answer to your comment on my blog.
(http://craigslistcriticism.blogspot.com/2007/01/2007-bonus-craigslists-achilles-heel.html)

re:" I’d rather have the Craigliust free of commercials and no improvements"

if the money is there (and it certainly appears to be) one doesn't have anything to do with the other...

certain "improvements" (like hiring an adequate number of customer service people, for instance) would make *their* life (not only that of the users) much easier and *safer* (as you've read on my blog, I believe they are asking for trouble in the form of special interest group law suits)...

the fact that they don't do that (hire an adequate number of customer service people) makes me question their motives ... yes, Craig would tell you he wants to stay small for reasons other then having the "savings" go straight into his pocket... (I choose to believe him when he shows us the books...)

re: "I remember Craig saying ones that he is interested in ‘free’ media or maybe he and Jim are one of the last dinosaurs that don’t want to be leashed…. You chose your truth…

yeah, Craig& Jim have been saying a lot of things... although I doubt either of them ever referred to themselves as "dinosaurs that don't want to be leashed": that was very likely the "helpful media" that instead of doing their research and asking real questions prefers to write fiction...

as to why the media is doing this... not quite sure, but... it certainly seems to sell!

no wonder plenty of people, just like yourself, feel that they are put in the position to "chose their truth," as you say...

Delia

P.S. Nice talking to you, Val, and take care! D.

No comments: