Wednesday, October 31, 2007

journalists digging for answers...

ENEN MORE: ok... looks like it's posted now (Nov 6th) ... and... surprise, surprise...(or not) a comment from Craig asking her to call/email? (looks like damage control, again, since the article is somewhat critical of Craig -- looks like she's cought on what looks to me like Craig's evasiveness: "the way to overcome that is to keep asking for examples and dig deeper into what he is saying, but that didn't seem to be working as well for me as it sometimes does"; end of 9th paragraph --> sould have given Heather credit for noticind this and saying it...) D.

I hope she doesn't fall in his trap like so many others have done before: sure she needs to talk to him but she also needs to try to be objective about what she's writing... so setting things aside and doing some independent research is absolutely necesary -- I hope she does it! D.

MORE: well, I don't know what's up with Heather... she either has no comments or she has one! here's what I see when I click on that link (I'm not sure if it's the same if others do it, if you just go to that entry it says no comment but my comment, number 57, must be there somewhere since it posts when I click on the link)

http://heathervale.com/blog/2007/10/30/digging-for-answers-without-a-shovel/#comment-57)...

fine with me if she's got it hidden or something... hopefully she's got the message...

re:
No Comments on Digging For Answers Without A Shovel »

October 31, 2007
Delia @ 8:53 am:

Hi, Heather!

I think it’s great that you are out digging for answers! — that’s what journalists are *supposed* to do…(and you certainly appear to have the credentials)

I would just suggest that you set aside what Craig (or any other interviewee) says and really look into those things…

e.g. “According to Craig in the interview, the community doesn’t care about fancy graphics or features, they just want it to do what it does” –> I’d look into this… feedback forum — it has a search function –is a good place to start: what has the community asked for and for how long? (more than a rudimentary search function is one of the obvious candidates)

Delia

P.S. good luck with everything and take care! D.

.....
Hi, Heather!

I think it's great that you are out digging for answers! -- that’s what journalists are *supposed* to do...(and you certainly appear to have the credentials)

I would just suggest that you set aside what Craig (or any other interviewee) says and really look into those things...

e.g. "According to Craig in the interview, the community doesn’t care about fancy graphics or features, they just want it to do what it does" --> I'd look into this... feedback forum -- it has a search function --is a good place to start: what has the community asked for and for how long? (more than a rudimentary search function is one of the obvious candidates)

Delia

P.S. good luck with everything and take care! D.

No comments: