Friday, September 11, 2009

Did CATW misrepresent the AIM group's findings about craigslist revenue from adult/erotic services?

MORE (Peter Zollman's hint to Anonymous and reasons why the AIM group's estimate is conservative)


EVEN MORE: Twitter: @ptrueman Patrick, I'm wondering if you can help -- Gary Wolf of Wired says
CATW was wrong in the amicus brief (http://tiny.cc/hmVY9) D.1 minute ago from web in reply to ptrueman


STILL MORE: got an anonymous post -- take it with a grain of salt; thanks, anonymous!

The AIM Report estimates that erotic earns $2,550,000, a month, and adult similarly earns $2,550,000 per month. That this will amount to over 60 million a year, not taking into account the explosion in the number of ads in cities all over the map, means that it is a fair estimate.

Posted by Anonymous to craigslist criticism at September 15, 2009 8:29 AM

EVEN MORE: now *that* didn't work... I mean I got an answer last Friday --sorry about the delay --(thanks if anybody helped out with that) but no useful info; just to clarify for everybody I derive no profit from my online presence, so I do not intend to spend money on gathering info nor do I advise anybody who is just curious about craigslist to do it...D.

MORE: Twitter: Did CATW misrepresent AIM group's findings about craigslist revenue from
adult/erotic services? --please help! (http://tiny.cc/313js) ~Delia 2 minutes ago from web

If so, I will not use them as sources in the future; it was brought to my attention by Gary Wolf (part of his first comment, well, actually second comment but 1st published within my prior entry on this blog) although I took his giving 120 million as craigslist revenue (60 mill times two) when Peter Zollman's article was talking about craigslist hitting 100 mill in revenue as a red flag that Gary may have been mistaken himself in some way.

To clarify things, I tried to contact Peter Zollman directly but so far no luck.

Here's what my request was:

"Hello!

I'm hoping you could clarify something for me. Did CATW misrepresent your findings about craigslist revenue from erotic/adult services in their amicus brief? Or were they correct?

re: "Projected over a year, it is fair to estimate that craigslist's global profits from its adult/erotic services ads will constitute over half of its overall profits"

(end of 29th page of the brief)

http://action.web.ca/home/catw/attach/Craigslist%20Amicus%20Brief%20-%20Website.pdf

Thank you!

Delia"

if anybody can help out and bring this to his attention I'd appreciate it D.

No comments: